Things to Remember, Toad Suck Daze, and a Flower

07 May

On Friday as I was changing baby J’s diaper after nap time I was shocked to see his belly button looking really odd.  For a split second I thought what IS that? And then I realized a cheerio was stuck to his belly button. lol  It fit perfectly.  My guess is when he was eating them earlier one fell down his shirt and somehow landed right in/on his belly button.  I thought it was hilarious!

Saturday we went to Toad Suck Daze.  It is a festival that is free to go to and I love all the vendors and festival food!  We haven’t gone in a couple of years because it has been raining during the weekend they had it.  This  year there was no rain, but it was HOT!  Well, hot for the beginning of May.  We tried our best to go in the morning, but by the time we got out of the house and drove there it was 30 minutes until baby J’s nap time.  Not. Good. At. All.  We parked, and he did great in his stroller until we actually got to the festival.  He no longer wanted to be in his stroller.  We decided to go ahead and let him down to walk around, and we would just keep him close or hold his hand.  I was nervous about this because of the crowds, but I ended up having nothing to be nervous about because baby J did not want to walk either.  It was pretty much nap time so he wanted to be held.  The whole time we were there.  We tried to be “fast” about walking around to see everything.  With the crowds it took us a little over an hour.  Poor Baby J was so exhausted by the time we made it back to the car.  But of course he wouldn’t sleep on the way home.  He refuses to sleep in the car. He had a good late nap though once we got home!  Really, we had a lot of fun.  It is just not the same with a baby when you go to events like that so it’s all how you look at it.  I believe it was a success because no one got hurt, we really did have fun, and it gave us something to do outside on a Saturday!

Yesterday we met with our small group from church that we meet with every other Sunday night.  We had a lot of fun just being together!  They had a fire pit that they lit after we had been there about an hour so we could roast hot dogs and marshmallows.  We didn’t get to stay long after that because baby J was completely interested in the fire so we had to keep corralling him or carrying him around.  At one point one of the ladies walked him around, and baby J picked a flower for me.  My first flower to me as a mommy.  I loved it!

Leave a comment

Posted by on May 7, 2012 in Uncategorized


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: