I decided to post an update on how I am doing with my goals for this year. I need to keep myself on track and accountable, because I really want to accomplish all of these goals!
Here are my goals for 2012:
1. Find more clients so I can support our family. I have found a couple but not enough at all. I am at a loss on how to find more clients except to ask everyone I know if they know someone who needs health/life insurance and cold call lots of businesses. It’s a tough market right now.
2. Clean out each room as if we were moving and either throw away or donate things that I have not used or rarely used since we moved here over 4 years ago (unless it is an heirloom or something important). This could possibly take me all year but I hope it only takes me a few months. So far I have cleaned out the kitchen and half of the office/spare room. The living room doesn’t have much to clean out, and I make sure baby J’s room is constantly cleaned out of old clothes/toys. So that leaves the other half of the spare room and our bedroom to do. (Trying to not think about the garage)
3. Add more recipes to my cookbook that I will actually cook. Be realistic when choosing a new recipe and know what I can and will try. I am actually doing this!! Woo Hoo! Even when I find recipes I think sound so good if I really don’t think I will try them I don’t print or keep them.
4. Clean out cookbook from all the non-realistic recipes I saved through the years. I started to do this and didn’t make it very far before I got bored. lol I need to do it little by little.
5. Steam clean the carpets. Hmm… Does it count that I think about doing this every once in a while?
6. Exercise every day, even if it is for 5 minutes. (I started this in 2011 but slacked off in December) I started off the year on a bad note. By March I was walking around a mile a day. Even though I still walked in April I decided that Easter candy was too good not to eat and ate completely unhealthy for pretty much the whole month. For the past 2 weeks I have been working out with strength training/cardio 15-20 minutes a day/ 5 days a week and still walking 3/4 mi – 1 mile a day. I am determined to keep this up so feel free to ask how I am doing to keep me accountable!
7. Have at least one evening a week where I read a book, drink tea (or some other relaxing drink), and just relax. This may or may not include a bubble bath or a cozy blanket or chocolate. I have done this a few times this year. This goal is so hard for me to do! The crazy thing is, it should be the easiest one.
8. Have at least one evening a week that Chase and I make a date night. This can be anything from renting a movie, playing a game, or actually having a friend watch baby J so we can go out. We usually do this now but there are some weeks that this gets skipped. Quality time is high for both of us on our love languages so we definitely have to make this a priority. So far we are making this goal!
9. Continue to go out of the house on a date once a month, just me and Chase. This worked well for 2011. I want to make sure this continues! We barely got a date night in February but it happened! So far we are making this goal as well!
10. Crochet a case for my Kindle. (Using Erin’s phone case she made for me many years ago as inspiration) I need to somehow start this. lol