Wrapping up 2011 and the Beginning of 2012

06 Jan

We finished the year going to Chase’s side of the family for their Christmas and then seeing my side of the family for another Christmas.  Baby J had a lot of fun seeing all of the family in just one week!  Chase’s mom got baby J a HUGE bear.  And I mean huge.  He is about 4 1/2 feet tall and is about the size of a piece of furniture.  When I sit, the bear’s head towers over mine.  It is insane.  I told my mother in law she really shouldn’t have.  We really have nowhere to put it.  The plan right now is to put it where the Christmas Tree is once we take the tree down. The bear is already a favorite and baby J and our dog love to play on and around it. The rest of the family got baby J baby toys and clothes, and we are having fun playing with all the toys!

Monday was the day we ended our Christmas craziness.  That was the day we drove home, but as soon as we arrived home we found out there was more craziness to come! Baby J had been coughing for a few days, but he had no other symptoms so we just figured he was getting a cold.  On Monday he woke up with his cheeks really flushed, but he wasn’t running a fever.  He looked like he didn’t feel good, but we still thought it was just a regular old cold.  Once we got back home we realized baby J didn’t really want to walk or crawl around, and when he did he was quickly running out of breath.  We made a quick appointment for him at Children’s Clinic since his doctor’s office was closed for the holiday.  I guessed on the way there that baby J had RSV, but I didn’t want to be correct. Unfortunately that is exactly what he has and it is certainly not fun.  Exhausting is what it is! I now know what it is like to give a 10 month old an inhaler to help him breathe.  I now know what it is like to worry that your baby may be getting dehydrated. I tried everything and anything to get him to drink something.  He didn’t want formula, juice or water.  He didn’t want it from a bottle or a sippy cup.  I tried a popsicle and that did not work either.   So I now know what it is like to put formula in a syringe and feed your baby an ounce or two that way.  I have learned a lot in just a few days!

I am so thankful to all my friends and family that have been praying for baby J to recover from this quickly.  The prayers are being answered, and he is making great improvements within just a couple of days!

Leave a comment

Posted by on January 6, 2012 in Uncategorized


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: